Sunday, September 28, 2014

Lo Que es la Vida

Hello again. I'm back. I know you are all excited to read this next post!

Let's see what have I been up to in the last two weeks...

I tried a churro for the first time. Heaven. So worth it. Especially dipped in chocolate. It's like a two peas in a pod or a fat kid with cake, they just go together! Yummy!

Lean like a Churro (get your heads out the gutter)
I got to meet some of my favorite actors. Not sure if you have ever heard of the show Teen Wolf (yes I watch it, sue me) well they had a conference here in Madrid. So my friend and I went and we were lucky enough to get to actually sit right near the stage and even converse with them. We even got a picture taken with one of the actors. To top it off they invited us out with them that night however we didn't make it because the staff rushed us out so they could keep on schedule so we didn't get to exchange numbers or anything to communicate. (Tweeting doesn't work when they have 5,000 people tweeting at them every second, note to self). They were so confused when we spoke perfect English until we told them we were from the states. They thought we flew all the way out here just to see them but were even more amazed when we said we were studying abroad here. That's when things really hit off it and we just kept talking. But it was amazing none the less just to be there. The picture topped it off though. We met so many people from so many different places that flew in solely just to see this and we just happened to stumble upon it. Definitely the coolest thing that has ever happened to me. Hey Teen Wolf or MTV, if you ever need an extra, let me know ;)

Tyler Hoechlin. Such a pleasure
I went to my first ever Real Madrid football game. It was amazing. Real won 5-1 with Cristiano scoring 4 goals. Oh and there were like cops next to my section the entire time. Pretty sure the group next me were either trouble makers or involved in something bad because their section was circled by 20 cops the entire game. They weren't even allowed to move. Sucks to suck. Any who, the atmosphere, the people, the stadium. Everything. I have no words. You must go to a game if you are ever in Madrid. My next goal is to go to a Manchester United game while I am in London :) Also, they do not serve beer in the stadium here, you have been warned. But there are a million and one parties happening on the outside so it does not even matter. They have a million chants and they sound so much better than our American ones but just pretend you know the words and you'll be fine. If you don't take a picture at the game, did you even go?
Selfie with stadium because why not?
Real Madrid, te amo

I went to go visit El Escorial. It was beautiful to say the least. It is becoming fall here and the colors just made it look beautiful. The tour took us 2 and a half hours and we didn't even see it all. The town is cute and it's only an hour from Madrid. I recommend going to visit. It's where the Kings and Queens used to live and most of them are currently buried. Yeah that was freaky. They also have a separate tomb for royal children that died at birth. Never have I felt like so many people were watching me. But it must have been amazing to live in this palace. I would 100% get lost every day but that's fine because I wouldn't want to leave. It was miraculous.
This is the entrance of El Escorial...
El Escorial. So nice

I think that is it for now. It's still amazing to me the things I get to see and do. Still feels like it's all a dream but I am making the most of it even if it leaves me broke. It's truly remarkable and it's far from over.

Next weekend I'll update you on my trip to Oktoberfest when I return. Words can describe how excited I am for that.

Adios amigos!
Yeah, I can be artsy




No comments:

Post a Comment